Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reading List

I've been asked what is currently on my reading list.

You already know about two from my last post, assuming you made it that far. I don't think I was all that ranty yesterday, nevertheless, I'll post those two first. You might see a theme emerge:

Roman Religion and the Cult of Diana at Aricia, Green
This book assumes you've read the already published accepted theories from the 30s and 60s. If you haven't, it's not hard to catch up (liberal quoting and explanation).

The Aeneid
I want a copy that has the English translation alongside the original Latin, but I'll deal with this one

Odes, Epodes, Epistles, Satires, Ars Poetica, Carmen Seculare, Horace

The History of Rome, Livy

The Histories, Herodotus

There are 3 more, 2 are reference but since I can't recall the correct titles, I'll have to come back and amend the list.

What am I reading for fun? The Percy Jackson series is good fun! Yeah, it's a kid's series, but he uses the legends well and it's eons better than that piece o crap movie they made of the first book.

Signing off for now, but I plan to post later about the Dark Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment