Sunday, January 1, 2012

Rollin with the Resolutions

I hope everyone had fun ringing in the new year and was able to take advantage of the worldwide rolling spell!

While my year of blogging is technically complete, it's hard to stop when you're on a roll. I don't know when I'm going to take a pause, but it won't be tonight! This is just a quickie to break the seal on 2012.

I want to keep my momentum going and just shift the focus from on-line to terra space. This year will see more gatherings, more study groups, more workshops, and more getting out there in other mediums. There are several irons in the fire and I can't wait to share them!

I've been pondering a new resolution for this year. I still intend to blog at least weekly, likely on Wednesday, Mercoledì in Italian. The rest will be revealed as the month progresses!

On the first of the year I like to do a tarot reading for the year ahead. I've seen so many variations on this theme over the years. Some layouts use all of the cards, some use 5, and all manner of variation in between.

I like doing a 14 card spread:

One card: Overall theme for the New YearOne card for each month

I've seen variations where you either add 4 more cards, one for the theme of each season, or 8 cards, one for each turn of the wheel.

I also fancy a tarot spread which is 6 cards:

Last year's theme, this year's theme, this year's goals, this year's finances, this year's health, You can also add Pros and cons: one card represents a boon for the year and one a pitfall to avoid.

I am a fan of creating your own spread, and as I wrote about last year (bizarre!), interviewing Patrons and Ancestors.

However you do your readings, or even if you do a reading, I wish for all my readers the best in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment