Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sex! Drugs! Rock and Roll! Yeah it's an "adult content" post.

About time, huh? I gave a nod to Dionysus last night so let's continue the theme tonight.

Sex!
Pagan views on sex: I think this is the one place where the Wiccan Rede actually works: "An' it harm none, do what you will." Seriously, if it's not hurting someone (especially yourself) physically, mentally, or emotionally, it's no one's business but yours. Let us heed the words of the wise triplicity of Goddesses known as Salt n Peppa:

If I wanna take a guy home with me tonight
It's none of your business
And she wanna be a freak and sell it on the weekend
It's none of your business
Now you shouldn't even get into who I'm givin' skins to
It's none of your business
So don't try to change my mind, I'll tell you one more time
It's none of your business


Why is sex so evil to some religions? Power. Sex is power. How can an institution control that? Shame, guilt, misinformation.... Another book on my list is Sex at Dawn. Check it out if you can!

So what's this power thing? How is it powerful? It can manifest another human being. Pretty effing powerful magick if you ask me. Sex doesn't always result in pregnancy and birth, but it is still the ultimate raising and release of energy. Next time you take that particular trip, when pregnancy isn't the goal, focus on an intent. When you reach the pinnacle, send that release of energy towards your intent. Don't get so caught up that you chisel yourself out of the fun. If that happens, just work with it. You'll get the hang of it. This isn't going to be a huge treatise on sex magick. Instead, think of this as me pointing out a door. I'm Morpheus. No, not the one who causes sleep. Maybe, I don't know- do my posts put you to sleep? lol

I don't have a specific spell to share, but I have a favorite method: Consider the intent. Decide on which deities to work with. Pick appropriate sigils. Pick an appropriate oil. Pick the appropriate astrological hour. Write a rhyming couplet stating the intent. I make an offering of wine or whatever is appropriate to the deities I'm working with. At the appointed hour, I delineate sacred space, call my Guardians, call the Deities involved, and anoint my 2nd chakra with the oil. The use of the sigils are easier for women to work into this than for a man. Men may draw the sigil in oil on their 2nd chakra. Using hands only, work towards orgasm using the sigil pattern. Like I said, easier for a woman than a man. Visualize the intent and the sigil, especially at the moment of release. It's like any other spell where energy has been raised and released, but this is coming from a place in which manifestation of the physical form is possible. I find it works best with goals related to the physical plane and to healing. This also works for those who are technically infertile. If you're wondering about my incense choice, I use something appropriate to the Deities I'm working with.

Drugs!
Some Buddhist monks say that the drug ecstasy actually helps you to achieve ecstasy. This is one of many articles about it. I've never done E myself but I'm curious to see if it matches up with the experiences I've had.

Rock n Roll!
What, besides an actual O or, according to that article the drug ecstasy, is better for letting go of all the mental blocks than music? Some of the best music is about sex and drugs and the state of ecstasy. Here's a really interesting paper on the mosh pit as ritual! It's a pdf dowload, but a quick and interesting read!

I'll leave you with one of the greatest musical artists ever singing about tonight's topic. The brighter the flame, the faster the candle burns out.

Purple haze all around
Don't know if I'm comin' up or down
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me



No comments:

Post a Comment