Friday, November 25, 2011

Deck the Halls

Today is thanksgiving. I've started decorating the house for the coming winter. It's been so depressingly dark lately that I knew I wanted to get a jump on putting up the sparkly things. I often wait until December to get started. It's been a long, fun day of sleeping in, eating favorite foods, drinking yummy wine, decorating, and spending time with family.

I have officially lifted the ban on playing holiday music in the house, especially on the piano.

My holiday playlist? Mostly secular. For the rest I change the words to suit myself ;)
Jingle Bells
Santa Baby
Let it Snow
Winter Wonderland
Frosty the Snowman
Sleigh Ride
Deck the Halls
And my favorite... which I'm posting below: You know the song! No, it's not the dogs barking jingle bells :P I'm Italian! What do you think it is? I sing it as "The Italian Solstice Donkey!" Yeah, I'm a sucker for the song Dominick the Donkey. Best song ever... Italy, Brooklyn, o ciucciarell, and dancing a taratell! What else could you possibly want in a holiday song?

Enjoy! Hope your holiday season has gotten off to a great start!


No comments:

Post a Comment