Monday, March 28, 2011

Riders on the Storm

We're in the midst of a Mercury storm right now. Mercury is in Aries. Mars is about to enter Aries. Feeling a bit aggressive? Yeah, me too. I'm ready to burn bridges (not the literal ones, the relationship ones). I'm ready to make rash decisions and be aggressive, B-E aggressive. I'm trying to work on the bigger picture. So tonight I'm going to talk a little bit about Minerva (Athena) and Mars (Aries). He is about the NOW, the instant gratification. She is about strategy and the long term goals. Ain't that just like men and women? Heh.

In addition to their governance over fighting/war/destruction, they also share dominion over crafting and creation (see previous post on Mars being a pre-Roman, possibly Sabine fertility Deity). Are they a divine pair? Looking at the more popular lore (Mars paired with Venus and Minerva eschewing men), you might not see it. I was about to say you might not see the forest for the trees. That's exactly what I'm talking about here: Minerva sees the forest. Mars sees the trees. Together they are one in truth, as some Wiccans might say lol But seriously, if Mars is the fertility of the land, Minerva is how to best use the land to provide.

I might add more tonight, I might just take my thoughts and go all introspecty until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment