Saturday, September 17, 2011

Crescent Cakes


A piece of the Charge of Aradia:

I am the spirit of witches all, and this is joy and peace and harmony. In life does the Queen of Witches reveal the knowledge of spirit. And from death does the Queen deliver you from peace. When I shall have departed from this world, in memory of me make cakes of grain, wine and honey. These shall you shape like the moon, and then partake of wines and cakes, all in my memory. For I have been sent to you by the spirits of Old, and I have come being that you might be delivered from all slavery. I am the daughter of the sun and moon, and even though I have been born into this world, my race is of the stars.

I have recently been in a circle where there were no crescent cakes and the members rushed off to another circle with no consideration of these cakes and wine. I guess I am rather old school, but I will raise the question if you believe in the La Vecchia Religione and the Gospel of Aradia I'm not quite sure how one rushes off to a Wiccan ceremony without completing your Streghe ceremony. We are already a minority as Italian Americans especially because we are not following a Roman Catholic religion. We are struggling to define an Italian American spirituality free from the strict boundaries of Roman Catholicism. The Celts and Druids already feel the Roman Italians are to blame for our conquering Europe with our Catholic beliefs. We are such a minority of Pagan Italians we absolutely must stand the course.

By the Old Ways,
Dusio

No comments:

Post a Comment