Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dithyramb

My show was this afternoon and it was a success! Especially for a Mercury storm. On one hand, I would have liked more performances to get everything down to precision timing, on the other hand, the pressure is off, I'm glad it's done and I had a good time doing it. I would never want to go back to it as a full time job, but occasional sojourns into the theatre are wonderful.

I must give my thanks to the Gods who stood by us throughout the process:

For my Patron, Mercury, as thanks for smoothing the roads of travel and communication and technology, I will burn frankincense in His name tomorrow. Before the show I prayed for His help and it was received!

For Dionysus, God of theatre and wine: It has been good to be in your presence once again! Tonight after the show, the cast raised a glass together.

Many of us have connected on facebook as friends and supporters of each other's work. As we gathered around the U shaped table and toasted, the following song came to mind. It's a familiar one for many ren faire folk, which often spills over into te Pagan community, so I offer this song to Mercury, Dionysus, Serendipity and all who were involved in this production, seen or unseen (despite the fact that it's not Italian :P)


Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme
Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again

Here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again
Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well
Her style and her beauty, sure none can excel
There's a smile upon her countenance as she sits on my knee
Sure there's no one in in this wide world as happy as we

Our ship lies at harbor, she's ready to dock
I hope she's safe landed without any shock
If ever we should meet again by land or by sea
I will always remember your kindness to me!



Tomorrow we get back to proper blogging business! I've had too many posts simmering, waiting for the time and attention they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment