Friday, December 23, 2011

Winter!

Today is the first official day of Winter, and the astrological sign of Capricorn, the goat, Dionysos, Proserpina, Adonai, Ceres, and back again! This has been one of the themes of the year: The connection between these deities and the Eleusinian Mysteries, and for that matter, the Mysteries at Samothrace. More revealed means only more questions. It's a wonderful seed for meditation, and Winter is a great time to let it grow.


I didn't do an official reading, or "taking of the auspices" for the coming winter. However, they were presented to me today in the form of a Hawk: I was looking up at the overcast sky when my eye caught sight of a patch of blue peeking through. That's when a hawk appeared out of nowhere and made a arc overhead, across my land and headed off. Later in the day, not long before sunset, I saw seven hawks flying together. I tried to watch their formations, but I was thwarted by people and traffic!

"I'm readin' the auspices here!"

Just after sunset, while the sky was still light, but the sun was below the horizon, I saw a family of 13 deer feeding on a hillside.

It was a lovely, tho short day and I look forward to the increase of the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment