Sunday, June 12, 2011

Come to the dark side; We have cookies.

I'm in the mood to muse about Summer. Is it me, or is there something about the impending Summer Solstice that seems a bit urgent? I haven't looked at the astrology surrounding this turn of the wheel, but it just feels "thick." I know there are a few eclipses coming up, but those don't directly touch the USA. The difference is slight, but significant. I'm wondering if this feeling is because I have several submissions and a major project coming due at that time? Is it because it's already been August hot? lol

There is a lot on the summer horizon and I'm looking forward to what I'm planning. In addition to having workshops and classes and attending a few as well, I've decided to take this time to do some serious personal work. Some people call it confronting your shadow self and tend to leave that for the winter months. I say shine on! Let's bring it out into the light! In  a way, Summer and winter have been reversed: When you had to work the land, your busy time was now, in the warm months, growing and harvesting food. The autumn was spent preparing it for the cold season. Once it was cold and dark out, people stayed in, had a chance to sit and think. Well, more of a chance anyway. I know I'm oversimplifying, but that's just to make my point: We've gotten used to summer being vacation time and winter is something you slog through every day doing your usual work. I'm having a staycation and using it to work on improving my skill set and ridding myself of that which does not serve, on all levels. An emotional garage sale LOL! One pile of anxiety: 50¢/oz! 2 old notions (not the sewing variety)/$1!

I've just taken a quick peek at what Astrogrrl has to say about the upcoming aspects and between 2 more eclipses and Saturn stationing direct, I think I nailed this one. Take a look for yourself! Not only am I on in regard to the this planetary energy, I've just outlined in the above paragraph what it means to have the full moon transit your 12th house:
Full Moon in the Twelfth House emphasizes our need for solitude to recharge, decompress, and rest. The full moon cycle may be a time... to reconnect with our subconscious drives, psychological self, and shed light on the deepest parts of us. Escape into our selves, uncover what has been hidden, and unravel the mystery that is the self.
Yeah. That too. So what do I say? I told myself so! Ha! Do go check for yourself where the full moon is about to land in your chart, and where Saturn is stationing direct and where Mercury is changing signs! Apologies for the quickie tonight, I'm still recovering from The Fun with the Nun!

"Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer"

2 comments:

  1. I admire being able to function in all seasons. I know I should be able to, but I just can't.

    This is my 'dark season'.. I have tried many times to 'go with it'.. my gardening efforts in the past have been my way to try and find some connection with the sun and summer.

    Alas, I have to concede; it doesn't work for me. I am not and will never be a functional summer person.

    I cannot tolerate the sun or heat. The mere mention of a beach (and sand) makes my skin crawl. For me, summer is something to survive- mostly hidden inside the AC. I truly feel that this is my 'seasonal depression' time.

    So, I will continue to follow your summer posts- (from inside) and try to appreciate the season vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the sun and heat are too much and if there wasn't a pool to jump into, I'd be hiding in the air conditioning all the time! I'm trying to do what the lions do and be out early in the morning, in the shade napping during the hot part of the day, and back out in the evening. Tho I bet lions don't have to deal with mosquitos the way we do...

    ReplyDelete