Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home

Today, for the first time in a long time, I felt like I was home...with my own kind. It was such a wonderful relief that I nearly cried. It's nice to have magical friends and teachers and people we commune with, but that's just it... it's "nice." There is a difference when you walk with people who walk your walk, and talk with people who talk your talk.

I took a class with Lori Bruno today and I heard my Grandmother's words coming out of her mouth. Word for word quotes. Walking this path on your own for so long, it makes you question if what you have is true or real. I sometimes wonder if I remember things right since my Grandmother passed when I was a kid. I sometimes wonder if the knowledge I've been gifted from across the veil is what I think it is and if I'm using it how it should be used. Everyone questions these things at times. It's almost cathartic when you find others who work the ways that you work too- it's cleansing, it purges any doubts about the path and how you've been walking it.

I feel like I've had an energy shower and I don't want to get dirty with other streams of energy again. Well, not just yet. I've always been biased against other traditions because Strega is the trad I was born with and anything else I choose to practice is a compromise for me. After a while you get tired of the compromise and just want to do it the way you were born to do it. It has nothing to do with how powerful or valid another path is: I know there are all kinds of ways and paths out there and there are many paths to the top of the mountain and yes, they're all valid, tho some get you there faster than others. But if you're a wiccan, do you want to be forced to compromise and practice OTO style? Or if you're Isian and forced to do Druid ceremonies, or a Gardenerian forced to do thing the Faery way? How about a Pagan and forced to go to church to get a dose of spirituality?  I love many of the people I work with- after all, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't compromise and celebrate a full moon calling on deities who are foreign to me. Looks like I have some pondering to do...

Ave Maria, Ave Diana!

No comments:

Post a Comment