Monday, April 18, 2011

Commitment

I've made one of those, to meditate and get enough sleep to leave time and room for dream work. I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that this is what I'm choosing to do with the very little free time I have. Any parents out there will understand that your needs almost never come first. And any time to yourself has to be carefully carved out with sitters and late nights after the kids have finally gone to bed. Mine goes to bed late. I'm thinking about moving my start time to 11 and bed time to midnight. I'm torn between being practical and letting my reptile brain win and watching movies until I sleep.

It's not really my reptile brain wanting to just screw around, it's that I know I'm on the verge of something important and there is resistance. Have you ever felt that? You're about to go somewhere you've wanted to or meet up with someone or do something you've been planning for (especially when related to magic) and things always seem to get in the way? I honestly believe it's the universe, and perhaps other things, trying to test us to see if we'll fight for it.

Heh, that just makes me want it more and work harder to get it.  I'm going to be flexible about my start time. I do like guided meditation and hypnosis before sleep and I plan to set up a few things, magically speaking, so I will need about 30 minutes to get ready and I want to give myself a lead into that to unwind. I'm not going to sweat the start, I'm not going to try to be "perfect" because as soon as you try to be "perfect" you set yourself up to "fail." This isn't a pass/fail or win/lose situation. This is an exploration. One I've done before. So why is it daunting this time? Perhaps because I've announced it and there are expectations other than my own. Shrug. Let's see where this takes us.

Sogni d'oro!

No comments:

Post a Comment