Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Dream Project

It's time to get serious about sleep. I've always been a night owl. I've always liked staying up late. And honestly, sometimes I just don't want to deal with the dreams. I'm going in on my own terms! Yeah, right. heh.

There's a difference between dreaming and "doing dream work." The former is passive, where most of what comes up is just your brain filing away the details of the day and perhaps someone contacting you, or getting a glimpse ; The later is when you have a plan of travel, a destination and a goal, aka lucid dreaming.

I'm going to buckle down and get disciplined about this. I'm going to be in bed by 10 pm, unwinding, meditating, and planning, and asleep by 11 pm. I will be up by 7 am. Any of you who have friended me on facebook are invited to harass me if you see me on line after 10 pm!

So what's my plan? Instead of hanging out waiting for contact to come my way, I will be calling in certain contacts, including ancestors. When I can, I'll use appropriate incense to set the mood, offerings made during the day, and meditation/hypnosis before sleep to induce a state conducive to dreaming. Sleeping in various energetic constructs is not off the table.

I'm also going to try to be up before the rest of the house so I have a chance to record my dreams as soon as I wake up. So... I'm taking bets on how long that's gonna last...

PS: Saint Anthony was on my mind because I can't find something today. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment